Image Map

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Orange juice, we're no longer friends: week 4-6 update!


I will be one of those annoying bloggers that blogs about pregnancy! I want to remember all the fun cool stuff, remind my husband the loveliness that comes with pregnancy (incase he ever wants to get me pregnant again), and I do want my kiddos to look back on this and know how much we loved them from before they were born.


Update for Weeks 4-6!
Symptoms: 
Crazy dreams! I've been having dreams about cats, without heads. It's the weirdest thing. I can't tell you how real they feel sometimes. I also have dreams about water, but maybe that's because I have to pee all the time.

Peeing all the time. NONSTOP.


Oh you have to pee now too? Welcome to my life. 


Morning ALL DAY sickness!!!! My goodness. It's like a hangover every morning without the epic night before. I will tell you that I love pickles right now. They actually have been helping with the All day sickness a lot. Of course, I got a prescription for Zofran from my doctor, but keep in mind Zofran can give you really bad headaches and constipate you like nothing else. I only take it if I really can't find relief.



Holy Nipples Batman. So not only have my boobs gotten much larger, they hurt and my nipples change colors EVERYDAY. They get one shade darker. I already have olive skin... how much darker could they possibly get?! (This is TMI, but I feel like you can look in any medical/nursing book and they will tell you the same thing.. so there)

Emotional roller coaster. My goodness, the day before I found I was pregnant, I cried at least 7 times that day. I will be happy one minute and the next be so emotional over commercials. COMMERCIALS about anything.


Then the next minute.... 


After that... 



Y'all it's a conundrum. 


Aversions:
I never believed that I would get an aversion. At all. But I do have one.... it's raw red bell peppers. I think they taste like pennies. This is the weirdest thing.

Activity: 

Couch. This I know is horrible, because I need to be more active. Pregnant ladies need at least 30 minutes of activity a day. I'm hoping I can kick this sickness so I can be more active.

Chugging water. I will count this as an activity because it's pretty much all I do.


Baby Coates The First: I love you and I love every second of this, no matter how sore my nipples get.

Ahhhhhh! I still can't believe I get to be a Mama!






1 comment:

  1. Ashley, you are so funny. You can also try ginger pills for the nausea. I have actually had a patient who had hyperemesis. We were throwing every medication in the book at her. The doctor asked her family to bring in ginger pills and they worked like a charm! Ginger ale doesn't have enough ginger to really be effective. Also, remember to not drink large quantities with your meals. That combo will usually send someone over the edge!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!